Dental Implants – North Andover, MA
Permanently Replace Your Missing Teeth
Most adults will lose one or more teeth at some point in their life. Dentures and fixed bridges are both viable ways to fill in the empty spaces, but for many patients, a better solution is available. Dental implants are the best tooth replacement that modern dentistry has to offer. We invite you to learn more about this treatment and how it may be able to bring back the gorgeous, strong smile that you’ve been missing.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a number of outstanding benefits:
- Comprehensive tooth replacement. A dental implant in North Andover replaces the root of a missing tooth. A restoration (such as a crown) replaces the visible part of the tooth. Other treatment options replace only what’s above the gum line.
- Dental implants have the potential to last for the rest of your life if you care for them well.
- A high success rate. Dental implants are successful in over 95 percent of cases.
- Remarkable aesthetics. Implant restorations are almost indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Benefits for your remaining natural teeth. The implants procedure usually does not require that your remaining healthy teeth be modified or extracted.
- A strong bite. Your implant-supported restorations will enable you to eat almost anything, whether it’s a crunchy apple, a juicy steak, or your favorite movie-time snack.
- Easy maintenance. Caring for dental implants is similar to caring for natural teeth.
Indications for Dental Implants
Whether you are missing one tooth, several teeth, or all of your teeth, dental implants may be an appropriate solution for you. When you visit Dr. Beliveau, your dentist in North Andover, he will recommend a treatment that is based on your unique circumstances.
Are You Missing One Tooth?
To replace a single tooth, you will need a single dental implant. A custom-made crown goes on top of the implant to replace the top part of the tooth. This is among the most straightforward dental implant procedures and can prevent further tooth loss and other oral health complications.
Are You Missing Multiple Teeth?
An implant-retained bridge, which typically consists of two implants and a bridge to go on top of them, may work well for you if you are missing two, three, or more teeth in a row. If your tooth loss has occurred at multiple locations throughout your mouth, an implant-retained partial denture may work better for you.
Are You Missing All Teeth?
It is possible to replace an entire arch of teeth with just four to six dental implants placed at strategic locations throughout the mouth. An implant-retained denture may be either removable or permanently fixed in place. In some cases, it is possible to retrofit a patient’s existing dentures so they can snap onto the implants.
Learn More About Implant Dentures
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
The total cost of your procedure will depend on a number of factors, including how many implants you need, whether you require any preliminary work, and the exact nature of your restoration. Also keep in mind that each stage of the process, including the placement surgery and your prosthetic teeth, comes with a separate price. Although implants may cost more than other treatment options, they are a worthwhile investment that can provide you with decades of beautiful, functional smiles.
Learn More About The Costs of Dental Implants
Would you like to learn more about dental implants and how they may be able to help you? Contact our office to request an appointment with Dr. Beliveau today.