Tooth-Colored Restorations – North Andover, MA
A Seamless, Safe Way to Repair Your Smile
For decades, your only option for repairing a damaged or decayed tooth was to have your dentist place a metal restoration in it. Not only do these restorations leave a noticeable gray splotch in your smile, but they can also contribute to oral health problems down the road. Luckily, now there is a much better alternative – tooth-colored, metal-free restorations. With tooth-colored restorations in North Andover, Dr. E. Charles Beliveau can create lifelike dental crowns, bridges, and fillings. To learn more about this seamless, safe way to repair your smile, keep reading below or give us a call today!
Why Choose E. Charles Beliveau, DDS for Tooth-Colored Restorations?
- Dentist with 30+ Years of Experience
- Treatments Fully Personalized for Each Patient
- Detail-Oriented Dental Care
What Are Tooth-Colored Restorations?
Dental restorations are treatments designed to improve a structurally damaged tooth or even replace a missing tooth. They can be made from various materials, the most common of which are dental porcelain, ceramic, zirconia, and composite resin. Each of these substances is designed to perfectly mimic the natural enamel of your teeth, right down to the way it reflects light. Once your restoration has been placed, it should be indistinguishable from the rest of your smile.
Benefits of Tooth-Colored Restorations
While metal restorations are quite durable, they can actually cause more harm than good in some cases. Here are some of the advantages of metal-free restorations over their traditional counterparts:
- More conservative treatment – To make enough room for a metal restoration, more tooth enamel has to be carved out. In contrast, tooth-colored restorations allow you to keep more of your natural tooth structure.
- Improved oral health – Metal expands and contracts when exposed to hot and cold temperatures, which can create small cracks in the tooth that can grow with time. Tooth-colored restorations always remain the same size.
- Long-lasting results – With good oral hygiene, your restoration can last for 10 years or even longer.
- Flawless appearance – Dr. Beliveau will meticulously design your restoration to replicate the exact size, shape, and color of your teeth.
- Hypoallergenic solution – Patients with allergies or sensitivities to metal won’t have to worry about having a negative reaction to tooth-colored restorations.
Types of Tooth-Colored Restorations
With metal-free restorations, Dr. Beliveau can repair a large number of dental problems. Some possible solutions include:
- Fillings – If you have a cavity, we can fill it with a biocompatible, tooth-colored composite resin material that chemically bonds to the tooth.
- Dental crowns – A severely damaged tooth can be shielded with a customizable dental crown. This tooth-shaped cap fits over the entire visible portion of a tooth, improving its health as well as its appearance.
- Dental bridges – One to three missing teeth in a row can be replaced with a fixed bridge. A dental crown is placed over the teeth at either end of the empty space in your smile, with artificial teeth suspended between them to literally “bridge” the gap.